Equalizer: Some fixes and Last.fm support
Discovered this application a few weeks ago. Was really impressed, I could manage to get high quality sound with deep bass on my iPhone 5 (with high quality headphones as originals are a crap). Have some suggestions:
1. Please, make search through songs possible from the lock screen. Now we can only change the tracks, play/stop, and change the volume. We need a bar to search in the tracks.
2. When changing tracks from the lock screen I experience a lag. The songs change after about a second. Don't think it is supposed to be like that.
3. Is it possible to make controls in the notification bar as well? Like in Android? Just for faster control...
4. Last.fm support is great, but it lacks the actual options of Last.fm applications. It scrobbles only when track was played 100% and it lacks offline scrobbling, it does not save tracks played offline. Also it lacks the "Playing Now" notification. Hope you will fix it soon. Last.fm users are real music fans who are actually your potential customers as normal users are happy with crap EQ presets of Music App. And not only Last.fm users but Libre.fm and others.
- I purchased music player apps from Google Play on Android as well, for example the Poweramp. It had an option to scrobble with last.fm apps like Simple Last.fm Scrobbler or original Last.fm scrobbler. In iOS we have iScrob and original Last.fm scrobbler. I think there is a way to send info to these apps just like Music app is doing it. Maybe it needs some work on Last.fm side as well. Please, consider it...
P.S. I am ready to pay again for these options. Equalizer will be the best app ever with them...
Hello Tibor and Audioforge Labs Team.
Just wanted to share some opinions about the new EQ4 that I installed several days ago. This is definitely the best music app in the store.
1. Very good and professional sound. With high quality headphones and correct eq adjustment you can own your music the way you like. I'm very happy I can enjoy deep bass again after the crappy midranged ipod player.
2. Very interesting and useful design.
3. Extend dynamics feature.
5. Good last.fm support. Didn't try but does it work offline?
1. Had some problems and crashes right after update. Then it crushed once and never started again. Had to delete the app and all data and adjust the equalizer again after reinstalling.
2. The app does not remember my choice for crossfade and spectrum analyzer. 15sec crossfade is too long most of the time and spectrum analyzer hangs so I adjust crossfade to 5 sec and turn spectrum analyzer off, but when I swipe the app from memory, they come back with default values.
3. When skipiping songs I experience a crackle noise on the beginning of some of them which goes away after several seconds but almost have no problems when crossfading.
4. App crashed several times with the popup: "There seems to be a problem". Seems like it crashes less if I swipe all other music players from the recent apps menu. It crushed without a message as well.
5. Sometimes the app control disappears from the lockscreen. The only way to get it back is to restart the iphone.
5. And the last issue is a gap for several milliseconds when waking the phone up. Pressing the power or menu button to turn on the screen.
So we get eq4 with ios7 release, quite simple.
If you have iOS7 installed, you know, as a iOS dev that we cannot submit updates for iOS7 until iOS7 is actually released.
Equalizer 4 makes good progress.
Any news about Equalizer 4? You guys have a very good application, please, update, I would even pay for an update or upgrade. Upgraded to ios7 lately and was very disappointed that Equalizer crashes when accessing the library. Now cant even listen to iPod, had several custom awesome EQ presets on Equalizer, miss them a lot!
Please, update soon!
We are working hard on Equalizer version 4 (free update).
This is again a complete redesign and as such takes a couple of month to complete.
Don't let the fact that there is no update coming fool you. Equalizer 4 is coming this summer.
Any news about the new update?
Thanks for a fast response. I am happy to help in anyway. I liked your application and it seems like you have a good potential.
1. Oh, Apple...
2. Good news.
3. Oh, Apple...
4. Good news.
I am sure you will do your best to improve these points.
5. Yes, I am sure, I have both iScrob and Last.fm scrobbler and they don't see your app playing songs, but built in apple music player. I tried it many times. By the way, their own player apps are a piece of crap, no EQ options at all, just flat raw sound, like an old radio. But I like their infos about the music being played. If you can manage to send playing info to these apps we will be able to play music from Equalizer and check artist and album info from Last.fm apps.
Another willing (maybe too much, sorry), Poweramp for Android and Apollo player from CynogenMod OS (Android) can download missing album artworks. You use iTunes library and it does not have all the artworks in the store, I use the option in iTunes to download them automatically, but they don't have all of them, but sites like last.fm does. So I have to find them and load to iTunes manually. Maybe it won't be easy as you use Apple's library, but, it is an option after all, maybe you can add missing album artwork somehow (when possible)....